Flashtract is redefining how money and information flow in the construction industry. The technological wave in construction is a challenging and thrilling ride where only solutions hyper-focused on transforming lives will survive.
Our award-winning team has grown the company exponentially while maintaining a high-quality product, a fun workplace, and excellent customer service. We rely on innovation, resourcefulness, and grit and expect all new teammates to use these attributes to directly drive the direction of the company.
Are you looking to be a part of the team that is solving a huge problem for one of the world’s largest industries? Do you love taking complex processes and simplifying them through the creative use of software and technology? Are you experienced with the Spring framework, and someone who desires to play a key role in the building of a scalable enterprise backend? We are seeking a high-energy, hard-working, and enthusiastic individual to play a major role in backend product development and grow the team.
A senior backend engineer will be responsible for playing a large part in architectural design, implementation, and testing of the software application under the direction of the lead. This position will work closely with the backend team and product manager to implement new features, fix bugs, maintain the application. We are looking for someone who is experienced in Spring, as well as has experience with backend web architecture. You will be expected to mentor, assist, and delegate work to junior developers, with the potential to grow into a leadership role as the team expands.
- To be a go-to teammate for all things backend
- Become a master of Spring, Hibernate, and code architecture and implementation
- Assist the backend development process by helping to define requirements, spec implementation steps, develop timelines, work with designers, design REST APIs and their related services, and test before release
- Create: Work directly with the backend lead to go from concept to design with our product features that will drive increased customer adoption and deliver a compelling user experience for our customers.
- Collaborate with product management and backend team to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive features and enhancements for the frontend to use
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices
- Keep a high level of quality and reliability performance of the product and the team building the product
- Maintain quality with automated and manual testing
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of Java, the Spring framework, Hibernate, RESTful architecture, MVC architecture, and MySQL & relational databases
- Understanding of MongoDB & NoSQL databases, Git, Unit testing, Pipeline automation, third party API integrations, JSON, utilizing a debugger
- Familiarity with software design applications such as Miro, LucidChart, or Microsoft Visio
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle & programming techniques & tools
- Openness to use and make improvements to agile development process
- Reliable project & time management skills
- Strong problem solving, verbal & written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years experience in a professional software development environment
Within the first month, you will:
- Understand high-level construction billing and payment workflows
- Talk to sales/support and customers to get to know our users
- Understand high-level technical architecture and capabilities
- Get to know teammates and understand current workflow and improvements that can be made
- Get familiar with code structure and deployment practices
- Begin tandem development with the current team on small features
- Identify goals, key metrics, and plans to achieve them
Within the first 3 months, you will:
- Be comfortable navigating and manipulating the codebase
- Be able to take feature requests and create specs and timelines
- Be able to make architectural decisions with the help of the engineering team
Within the first 6 months, you will:
- Be able to make architectural decisions independently
- Take full ownership of the backend product and team
- Be a proven self-starter and able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Stay up to date with the newest technologies and make decisions based on our needs whether or not to implement them