Flashtract is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join the team to contribute to the growth and refinement of our application. This individual will be responsible for getting close to our customers and users to discover and identify their needs, prioritize the design and delivery of features, and build a process to create, test and iterate designs to ensure the best possible product. In addition, this person will be responsible for helping us understand what tools we can implement inside the application to understand the customer journey and track key metrics. The Senior Product Designer will work closely with the Product Owner to collaboratively build user personas, understand business requirements, and get close to our customer base.
The ideal candidate will be customer centric, data driven, and have a great eye for detail while focusing on the bigger picture. Flashtract is a fast growing organization with a large set of users and this person will impact all areas of the product and be directly involved in development sprint activities. Flashtract brings innovation and technology to businesses that have been traditionally pen and paper and slow adopters of technology. We have seen great success in positioning ourselves within the market and we know we need a highly catered, well thought out, user experience to make our product easy to use for our customer base so that we can continue to grow our reach. We believe in customer-centric design with a large emphasis on deeply understanding our customers, constantly getting feedback from them, and improving our product based on what we learn.
- Build mockups/wireframes based on existing user flows to help build the development backlog
- Discover creative methods to solve UX problems
- Participate and lead user group sessions and customer interviews to better understand the user journey
- Build user personas with the product owner and educate the user personas across the organization
- Build and execute on strategy for UX research that goes beyond customer interviews
- Help with selecting and implementing tools that facilitate in-app analytics
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in collaboration with a team.
- Has a track record of influencing the direction of the product and delivering high quality product while working on B2B applications
- Strong experience in working with engineering and product management teams to oversee the user experience of a product from discovery to delivery
- Experience leading team projects, defining experience brief, design KPI’s, and success criteria
- Experience with user research in building the product and testing to validate key insights
- A communicator who can easily explain the product design process with various teams
- A portfolio that highlights your strengths
- Experience with working with a non-tech savvy and/or non-English speaking audience is a plus
In the first 60 days you will:
- Design mockups to support the backlog
- Present and start to execute a plan for research on how to better understand customer pain points
- Build a plan for implementing changes based on feedback and analytics
- Work with product to prioritize changes and ensure that changes can be implemented in an iterative fashion through sprints
- Work with product to understand anticipated user flows for new functionality, validate flows, and build mockups against flows for development
- Conduct usability testing and participate in UAT
In the first 90 days you will:
- Become an expert in our customers and customer journey
- Continue initial research to understand challenges and opportunities for improvement
- Create a plan for continuous improvement
- Implement in-app analytics and highlight important data points for reporting
- Continue to drive insights in customer behavior and how we can improve the experience
In the first 120 days you will:
- Build reports to understand effectiveness of changes in UX
- Build best practices around UI/UX to poise the organization for growth
- Ensure designs and mockups are in place for development sprints
- Be comfortable with independently leading user groups sessions and customer feedback sessions
In the first 360 days you will:
- Iterate and refine upon existing design systems.
- Deliver consistent experiences across web and mobile platforms.
- Position yourself to lead and manage a team of UX researchers and designers.