Flashtract is redefining how money and information flow in the construction industry. The technological wave in construction is a challenging and thrilling ride where only solutions hyper-focused on transforming lives will survive.
Our award-winning team has grown the company exponentially while maintaining a high-quality product, a fun workplace, and excellent customer service. We rely on innovation, resourcefulness, and grit and expect all new teammates to use these attributes to directly drive the direction of the company.
Are you looking to be a part of the team that is solving a huge problem for one of the world’s largest industries? Do you love taking complex processes and simplifying them through the creative use of software and technology? Are you familiar with the React framework and wish to grow your skills as a developer and provide valuable contributions to a fast-growing code base? We are seeking a high-energy, hard-working, and enthusiastic individual to take on the role of Frontend Web Developer and grow the team.
The Frontend Web Developer will be responsible for assisting the Lead Frontend Engineer with new feature development, maintaining the application, debugging, problem solving, and new feature quality assurance. We are looking for someone who has experience in React with a desire to rapidly expand and advance their knowledge of frontend development.
- Become an extraordinary team member and create features with a focus on quality, maintainability and scalability
- Continue to grow your skills in React, state management, and architecture design and implementation
- Work directly with the Lead Frontend Engineer to help define requirements, spec implementation steps, develop timelines, work with designers, create visual elements, connect to the backend API, manage state, and test before release
- Collaborate with engineering team to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive code to enhance user experience
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages
- Keep a high level of quality and reliability performance of the product
- Maintain quality with scalable automated and manual testing
- Some understanding: Typescript experience, UI/UX design, UI testing (end to end and unit), third party API integrations, Java, Spring, JSON/NoSQL, relational database design, utilizing a debugger
- Familiarity with graphic design applications such as Figma, InVison, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.
- Working understanding of the web development cycle & programming techniques & tools
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, & process improvement
- Excellent project & time management skills
- Strong problem solving, verbal & written communication skills
- 1-3 years experience in a fast-paced software development environment
Within the first month, you will:
- Understand high-level construction billing and payment workflows
- Understand high-level technical architecture and capabilities
- Get to know teammates and understand current workflow
- Get familiar with code structure and deployment practices
- Begin tandem development with the current team on small features
- Identify goals, key metrics, and plans to achieve them
Within the first 3 months, you will:
- Be comfortable navigating and manipulating the codebase
- Be able to take feature requests and work with the Lead Frontend Engineer to create specs and timelines
- Be able to influence architectural decisions with the help of the engineering team
Within the first 6 months, you will:
- Make consistent, meaningful contributions to the frontend codebase
- Independently work with the product manager to design, build and deploy larger features
- Have a great understanding of the codebase as you continue to grow and expand in your role as Frontend Engineer,
- Grow your career personally and professionally