State of Emergency:
# of Cases Rank:
Source: New York Times - updated daily
Essential Infrastructure According to CISA Essential Industries List:
● Workers who support the supply chain of building materials from production through application/installation, including cabinetry, fixtures, doors, cement, hardware, plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, refrigeration, appliances, paint/coatings, and employees who provide services that enable repair materials and equipment for essential functions.
● Workers supporting ecommerce through distribution, warehouse, call center facilities, and other essential operational support functions.
● Workers in hardware and building materials stores, consumer electronics, technology and appliances retail, and related merchant wholesalers and distributors – with reduced staff to ensure continued operations.
● Workers distributing, servicing, repairing, installing residential and commercial HVAC systems, boilers, furnaces and other heating, cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation equipment.
● Workers who support the operation, inspection, and maintenance of essential public works facilities and operations, including bridges, water and sewer main breaks, fleet maintenance personnel, construction of critical or strategic infrastructure, traffic signal maintenance, emergency location services for buried utilities, maintenance of digital systems infrastructure supporting public works operations, and other emergent issues.
● Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, builders, contractors, HVAC Technicians, landscapers, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences, businesses and buildings such as hospitals, senior living facilities, any temporary construction required to support COVID-19 response.
● Workers who support, such as road and line clearing, to ensure the availability of and access to needed facilities, transportation, energy and communications.
● Support to ensure the effective removal, storage, and disposal of residential and commercial solid waste and hazardous waste, including landfill operations.
● Workers who support the operation, inspection, and maintenance of essential dams, locks and levees.
● Workers who support the inspection and maintenance of aids to navigation, and other government provided services that ensure continued maritime commerce.
Be sure to share with your colleagues.